Monday, January 6, 2014

My Rock the Shot Entry!


It's hard to put into words what this photo is all about...but I didn't know what I'd captured until I got home.  Its funny and beautiful at the same time.  My youngest was 18 months, and I knew I wanted shots of him with big brother, too.   We spent the afternoon in an open field that's part of a park.   After I'd taken a few pictures, I'd realized just how blessed I was with the autumn light--the dust glittering in the background was nothing like I'd photographed  before....because I'm no professional photographer.  But the more pictures I take, the better I am getting. And it has become such a rewarding, fun "hobby" for me.  Taking photos like this of my own children started out as just saving money---but it's become more than that to me now.  It's making memories--its the experience of making time stand still for just one second--because these years are flying by and maybe--just MAYBE---if I keep taking pictures I can slow them down and they will be little forever...

But I know it won't.


In the end, what I'm left with and reminded of--is that day we spent time together exploring the park of our new hometown that holds so many hopes and dreams for our family.  How big brother and I chased little D. all over; and how Mama screamed and and ran SO fast back to the car when she saw the snake in the grass...

Sorry about all that mushy stuff, you know how Moms can be! Now, to some more of the details. Time of day surely matters--these were done late afternoon, about 4pm.  I didn't use my flash for this, but I did make adjustments to my ISO.  I only ever shoot in manual mode now.  I didn't have to do much editing; just levels.  So, that's it. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment