Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sneak peek

Here's my find in Goodwill today for $8


While I'm working on that, here's some "junque" on my kitchen wall. I love the idea of mismatched plates for wall art, and I found all of them at Goodwill too. My favorite in the middle has great colors-teal, green, black, and silver. The drawer was actually a gift from my sister, and it used to be black and had chefs on the drawer fronts. I primed and painted it white, Mod Podged some leftover scrapbook paper from another project, and added new green glass knobs. The vintage cruets were pieces from my grandma that I kept after she passed away. The little Buddha is a statue my uncle brought back for me from his visit to South Korea. I'd say the biggest point when you're decorating, is to use pieces that are significant to your life, and have meaning. And if you don't like something, don't keep it just because "so and so gave it to me for my 13th birthday." If it doesn't work, you don't use it/wear it/like it whatever--its not doing you any good to keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment